Saturday, April 16, 2011

Dark Chocolate Black Cherry Scones

Dark Chocolate Black Cherry Scones





I felt like taking a break from philosophy and being one with my domestic side for a change today. So I made some scones! I was turned on to a recipe from allrecipes.com, but I made some changes. Here is what I came up with:








Ingredients:


1 3/4 cups flour


1/3 cup white sugar


2 teaspoons baking powder


1/2 tsp salt


5 tablespoons unsalted butter chilled & cubed


1/2 cup Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips


8 tablespoons R.W. Knudsen Black Cherry Juice


Directions:






Mix the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt) in a large mixing bowl. Add cubed butter & mix well. Next, add the chips. Add the juice, one tablespoon at a time until the mixture thickens into dough. Next, on a floured surface, pat the dough into a thick pancake (1/2 inch thick). Cut into 8 wedges, and place on a baking sheet. (either use parchment paper on top of the sheet or spray with non-stick spray). Sprinkle some sugar on top (optional). Bake for about 12 mins or until the wedges are golden brown on the edges. Let stand for about 5 minutes, and then serve!





This is my debut blog with Brooke! Let me know what you think! <3





















3 comments:

  1. They look amazing! How did they taste?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They tasted pretty darn good! I think they'd be better, though, if I had some actual black cherries to bake in with it! (I was trying to create something from what I already had in my kitchen, so I lazily skipped out on the real fruit).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!! Please come visit me and make me these scones! (And bring Jake)
    -Chaela

    ReplyDelete